You may have seen the article on the front page of the Leesburg Daily Commercial yesterday: http://www.dailycommercial.com/news/article_8b9c59d2-e67d-5190-8023-9cd8cbbd52e4.html
For several days, we worked with Ray and Brenda Crawford and their three children to help find them a solution to their crisis. In the end, we have a plan to support them as they find a job and a place to call their own. If you would like to help support them financially, please donate on this website to “Where most needed” or follow this link: https://public.serviceu.com/Account/FormLogin?returnUrl=%2FDonationForm%2F18899%2F%3FOrgKey%3D936ece4c-387a-4b65-9037-c68edcb5221c%26SGUID%3De274d92d-d16c-4d71-8ad1-62466272198c%26RN%3D1071771727&orgkey=936ece4c-387a-4b65-9037-c68edcb5221c&themeid=1709&SGUID=e274d92d-d16c-4d71-8ad1-62466272198c&RN=1071771727
Here is the plan:
- Yesterday we paid in advance for their first week’s stay at the Deluxe Motel across the street from our Ministry Village.
- Today at 10am, our Men’s Residence will be helping them move from the Stay and Save Motel to the Deluxe Motel.
- We will be providing them groceries from our Benevolence Center food bank.
- We will be providing them dinner every night at our weekly 5pm community meal (open to all) at our Men’s Residence.
- We will connect them with our Community Medical Care Center to help them with their current and future medical needs, free of charge.
- We will help Brenda in her job search and resume fine tuning through our Fresh Start Job Program.
- We will begin working with local affordable apartment complexes to help find them a place to call home that they can afford on their budget.
We will work hard with this family and will report back what God is doing!