Notice: Undefined index: dirname in /home/christia/public_html/wp-content/themes/realchurch-v1-07/include/plugin/filosofo-image/filosofo-custom-image-sizes.php on line 135
Notice: Undefined index: extension in /home/christia/public_html/wp-content/themes/realchurch-v1-07/include/plugin/filosofo-image/filosofo-custom-image-sizes.php on line 136
Purpose of a Cover Letter
- To provide a summary of experience in a “nutshell”
- To introduce yourself to the reader and make a personal contact
- To identify your career goals
- To provide some one-on-one communication that doesn’t fit well within a
- To explain any anomalies in your resume’, such as why you are seeking work any gaps in employment, etc.
- To get the reader to really read the resume’
Desired Content of a Cover Letter ( To Fulfill The Purpose)
- Your experience that relates to the job
- How you can apply other (non-related) experience to this job.
- Make a connection with the reader, such as a mutual friend, a well-placed reference, perhaps a common organization (Lions, church, charity, etc.). Use your networking to establish the connection.
- Describe who you are. The resume’ describes what you’ve done.
- What are you looking for? Is this a response to an ad? So state. Or describe as succinctly as possible the position you would like to have. Avoid generalities and cliché’s such as “a position where I can best utilize my skills”.
- Ask for the interview (or a follow-up phone call)
- Why me (for this job)?